Waste Management is a term used to describe the classification of waste hierarchy divided into the following categories;
- Reduction; to buy less and buy smarter products, turn off the lights, and wash clothes on lower degrees is all a part of the idea reduction.
- Reuse – discarded item is used again. Initiatives include waste exchange, hand-me-downs, swapping clothes, repairing, or transformation of a product also called upcycle; convert a low-value product into a high value.
- Preparing for recycling (see pre-cycle)
- Recycling – discards separated into materials incorporated into new products.
- Recovery – different materials will be used to create new products.
- Disposal – landfill
Recommended series Refashioned, cutting edge clothing from upcycled materials
- Refashioned, cutting edge clothing from upcycled materials. Part One
- Refashioned, cutting edge of design in the sustainable era. Part Two
- Refashioned, fashion activism from the 1999s and up to the Fashion Revolution. Part Three
- Refashioned a part of the fashion revolution. Part Four