The triple bottom line
The triple bottom line is a development of the existing economic model of which revenue minus expenses, which is either “loss” if negative, or “profit” if positive.; it adds two more bottom lines, environmental and social concerns. The Triple bottom line referred to as the “three pillars”; profit, people, and the planet.
- Social progress: education community outreach human rights diversity
- Socio-environmental: environment health & safety, global climate change crisis management, environmental policy
- environmental stewardship: biodiversity clean air – water – land emission reductions minimise waste
- eco-efficiency resource efficiency product stewardship life-cycle management regional materials
- economic growth: innovation, capital efficiency risk management, growth enhancement
- socio-economic: job creations skills enhancement local economic impact social investments