Levi’s RED history started at the end of the 1990s, during a tough time for the jeanswear giant Levi Strauss Co, managed to present, establish and sell some utterly innovative fresh denim garments. Fashion designers around the world, call it the golden years of Levi Strauss innovation.
During that time, Levi Strauss reorganised; It created a handy trend monitoring system in Europe; the company employed fresh talents who worked together with experienced Levi’s designers and established brand innovations in the global denim market. The purpose of Levi’s RED was to pioneer new forms of definitive jeans-wear, making the Jean blueprint for the twenty-first century. Levi’s RED stand out of its competitors with the visually different 3D shape, the red seams follow the movement of the body makes them very comfortable wearing When sitting it feels as the Jean is adding more space where is needed; the shape and form curves around your hips and legs the same natural way as bodily movements.
Hemp fibre,3D curves and new labelling system
There are hardly any visible trademarks of Levi’s, except only a red tab without any letters. Nevertheless, the sublime feeling that you wear Levi’s is instantly recognisable and visually the details, and the concept looks are visually different. For any other brand than Levi’s. Another remarkable feature, especially in our eco-conscious age is the use of hemp fabrics in many of the garments in the line. Furthermore, unnecessary paper labels are removed, replaced by stamping or printing sizes directly on the clothing makes them even 15 years later look at any other Jean’s brand. The hemp is also ageing stylish.
Levi Strauss most creative years 1997 – 2001
- Levi’s Vintage Clothing introduced globally. Replica of historical clothing from the Levi Strauss & Co. Archives throughout different decades and youth cultures. Starting the vintage trend as of today-. Made by Peter Ingwersen
- Levi Strauss & Co. develops the global trend scout teams with the mission to regain position as world’s #1 jeans brand for the 21st century. Developed by Kenneth Lyngaas
- Levi Strauss & Co. presents mega-trends 2000 – beyond first research about a change towards sustainable design necessary for the brand in the nearby future. System developer Kenneth Lyngaas
- Levi Strauss the most innovative new concept Levi’s RED introduced in the premium jean’s market. With fabrics such as hemp strengthen Levi Strauss Co their position among innovators and press. Created By Caroline Parent and Rikke Korff
Levi’s engineered jeans introduced, the 21 first-century jean’s DNA and is the commercial spin-off of Levi’s RED. Created by Christine Detlefsen
- Levi Strauss Co introduces the new modern re-design pocket blasters & hand tags, tees & underwear for all jeans lines globally included Levi’s Engineered Jeans. Design by Mark Farrow and Kenneth Lyngaas