Fashion for Good
Fashion for Good (FFG) is a global initiative that is here to make all fashion good. It’s a global platform for innovation, made possible through community collaboration. Leadership is an open invitation to the entire apparel industry. Fashion for Good call retailers, producers, suppliers, brand and NGOs (non-profit organisations), designers and start-ups take part in a common goal. The innovation platform is at the core of their program besides offering their expertise and access to funding of global start-up in order to expand local fashion business. Fashion for good is an Amsterdam based initiative recently expanding in south-east Asia. With partners, the cooperation drive pilot projects in support of innovations already passed the proof-of-concept phase. Good Fashion Fund mobilise incubators access towards sustainable manufacture practice.
Besides, the initiative acts as a convener for innovation with the world’s first interactive museum dedicated to lasting fashion change. In Amsterdam, the group houses a Circular Apparel Community co-working space, creates open-source resources like its Good Fashion Guide. It is based on the Cradle to cradle certified framework for sustainable design. With a focus on practical implementation. Supported by Laudes Foundation, the Cradle to Cradle co-founder William McDonough and corporate partners such as Adidas, Kering group and Stella McCartney.
Recommended Sustainable fashion design series
- How to approach a sustainable design?
- Biomimicry as nature builds it
- Cradle to cradle an approach to sustainable design
- A product lifecycle approach to sustainable design
- The natural step, a framework for sustainable design
- Design with nature, twelve principles on how to approach sustainable design
- Apply system thinking as an approach to sustainable design I
- Apply system thinking as an approach to sustainable design II