The enhancement of plant growth as a result of elevated atmospheric CO2 concentrations. What does this mean?
CO2 effects on plants
- Enhance photosynthesis
- Produce fewer stomata on the leaf surface
- Reduce water use (stomata closure) and increase water use efficiency
- Increase more biomass (NPP) in normal and dry years, but not in wet year (grassland)
- Initial increase in productivity, but primary production returned to normal after 3 years exposure
- More carbon allocated to root than shoot
Keep it simple, let nature does what it can best and keep hand off!See photosynthesis, biomass and water footprint Eco Fashion Dictionary.
ECO-FASHION-DENIM AND DIAGRAMS DICTIONARIES OVERVIEW