Eco Fashion Dictionary Update November
Eco Fashion Dictionary updated with 10 illustrated terms June. Eco Fashion Dictionary contains 1200 illustrated terms.
Eco Fashion Dictionary Content Links (Click and Open)
DENIM DICTIONARY A-Z CONTENTS
ECO-DENIM-DIAGRAM DICTIONARY MAP
DIAGRAMS OVERVIEW A-Z CONTENTS
ECO FASHION DICTIONARY CONTENTS A-Z
ECO AND DENIM FASHION DICTIONARY ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS A-Z
INDEX DICTIONARY PART ONE A-L
INDEX DICTIONARY PART TWO M-Z
Terms Added Dictionary
SA8000 is a voluntary, worldwide standard for companies to certify and audit labour practices in their services. SA8000 is social accountability developed and monitored by independent third-party commercial firms. based on the principles of international human rights conventions and measures company functioning in different areas; collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, child labour, forced labour, health and safety, remuneration, working hours and compensation. Those areas are critical to monitor and compare practices across countries and industries and are the SA8000 standard.
Product-service-system is a shift from selling material products, to offering non-material services. This can reduce the overall footprint per unit of service or profit and make a more effective, better service and maintenance of products. Examples include a shift from ownership to a usage of a product, such as self-service, pay-as-you-go, car-leasing service (Streetcar and Zipcar’s)
1992 at the Rio Summit over 159 countries signed United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC); it lay out an overall framework for an intergovernmental crusade to tackle actions posed by climate change. Its supreme objective is the ‘stabilization of the climate system by stabilizing greenhouse-gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level preventing dangerous anthropogenic interference, today The Convention having more than 190 members worldwide.
Technical textile might not be based upon an ecological framework, nevertheless, it’s important to highlight high performance textile based on particular functionality. It’s a growing demand and development expanding due to industries innovations and needs for improved textiles, clothing performance and durability. Sectors such as clothing (sports), construction, healthcare agriculture, transportation, packaging, environmental protection, protective wear is just a few. More about Technical textile
Technical textiles indifferent categories:
- Argo technical textiles: performance domain’s agriculture, landscaping, etc.
- Building technical textiles: performance domain’s building construction
- Clothing technical textiles: performance domain’s clothing and footwear
- GGeotechnicaltextiles: performance domain’s engineering industries, bridges, tunnels etc.
- Industrial technical textiles: performance domain’s performance domain’s mechanical engineering,
- Medical technical textiles: performance domain’s medical markets.
- Transport technical textiles: performance domain’s passengers and goods transportation, civil, military equipment etc.
- Home technical textiles: performance domain’s furniture manufacturing of furniture, carpets etc.
- Environmental technical textiles: performance domain’s protection, recycling, waste etc.
- Packing technical textiles: performance domain’s storage and moving protection and durability etc. Protective technical textiles: performance domain’s property, private protection etc.
- Sports technical textiles: performance domain’s textile leisure and sport (see also clothing technical textiles for high performance clothing, footwear etc.
El Niño a current warm-water that periodically flows along the coast of Peru and Ecuador. This event creates from time to time a tremendous impact on the temperature, wind, sea surface and precipitation patterns in the tropical Pacific. It involve the Pacific region and the climate in many other parts of the world (everything is connected).
Suzanne Lee is a fashion designer, author and one of the main people behind a research project named BioCouture. BioCouture is a project outcome of her book Fashioning the Future: Tomorrow’s WardrobeIt examines the work of those scientific researchers and fashion designers, such as Walter Van Beirendonck, Issey Miyake and Hussein Chalanyan, who are transforming s researches work into tomorrow’s clothing. The project BioCouture aims to grow clothing from the vat of liquid; from a systematic era named biotechnology. The idea is to develop clothes by copying nature through biomimicry (see post Biomimicry in design for a sustainable future) and eco fashion dictionary about biomimicry; mimicking biology and harnessing animal bioactive materials using another technology “tissue engineering.” Suzanne Lee works as a senior Research Fellow at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, working with scientists looking into possibilities of growing future consumer through synthetic biology.
BioCouture by the fashion designer and author Suzanne Lee (see eco fashion dictionary) The project BioCouture main idea grounded in biomimicry and bio technology with the mission to grow clothes from aims vat of liquid. The clothes created by copying nature through biomimicry (see post and eco fashion dictionary about biomimicry; mimicking biology and harnessing animal bioactive materials using another technology “tissue engineering. From the web site, BioCouture; “BioCouture is a pioneering design consultancy focused on bringing living and bio-based materials to fashion, sportswear and luxury brands. We’re passionate about creating a bio-designed future where we grow materials from minimal renewable (or waste) resources. Read more about BioCouture
Meta-design is the design to the design itself; it can be as a higher order of design; that transcends design disciplines through contingent workforce and open-ended process. It is inherently collaborative, inviting stakeholders and users into the process. The way of working can be useful in sustainable fashion design perspectives on complex problem-solving situations; for example, the result of a meta design operation solving and lower aircraft use of fossil fuel. Sources metadesigners at http://metadesigners.org
Meta design ten principles
- Eco-mimetic We need to learn from Nature’s big systems
- Comprehensive Most designers are specialists representing the existing paradigm
- Re-language Because paradigms exist partly in the mind
- Synergy-weaving Combining existing resources can deliver the greater abundance
- Co-creative No individual is smart enough to see the big picture
- Entredonneurial Top-down and bottom-up initiatives must work in synergy
- Flat-structured Fixed hierarchies tend to shield us from our responsibilities
- Fractal-oriented Because we all need to find our way in the system
- Radically optimistic Because negative thoughts make miracles seem less possible
Environmental sustainability is about manufacture products or developing services that function in a useful market and social dimensions with a lower negative environmental impact than currently available options. Furthermore, equivalent function as the replaced product and at a competitive manufacture cost and market price, made from renewable resources, always renew without reduction of performance or service and minimum environmental impact. The product made of safe substances both for human, animals and nature. Ideally, it should be in balance with the surrounding ecosystem and trough a measurable life cycle.
Friends of the Earth (FoE) is a nongovernmental organization that focuses on the relationships between human rights, social justice, and environmental issues. The organization founded in 1961 and beginning members was France, Sweden, England, and the United States The vision for FoE is “of a peaceful and sustainable world based on societies living in harmony with nature Today, there are over 68 national and local Friends of the Earth groups, that work toward implementing the FoE vision; with a total member mass of 1.5 million in 70 countries
Sources and Useful Information (Click and Open)
- SA8000 SA8000
- United nations framework convention on climate change
- Technical textiles
- Suzanne Lee BioCouture
- Friends of the earth
Check out the new Eco Fashion Dictionary with 1200 terms all illustrated