Environmental Quotes Robert Redford
“I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defence of our resources is just as important as defence abroad. Otherwise, what is there to defend?” Robert Redford
- CATEGORY: Environmental quotes
- WHO: Charles Robert Redford, Jr
- BIRTH: August 18, 1936
- WHERE: Santa Monica, California, United States
- NATIONALITY: American
- GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTFilm director, actor, producer, environmentalist, philanthropist, and businessman. Redford started his career in the late 1950s, and from 1960-1980, regarded as one of the most attractive men and finest film actor in the world.
- Awarded the Oscar Award twice, first in 1981 for directing Ordinary People and in 2002 for Lifetime Achievement.
- Robert Redford founded the independent non-profit film festival Sundance in 1981; I deeply involved in the festival has become the most important within the genre. Due to his success, Robert Redford buying a large property in Utah’s ski resort where the festival takes place. The park developed with Sundance Institute, Sundance Cinemas, Sundance Catalog, and the Sundance Channel, and besides, he owns a restaurant on the main street called Zoom.
- Long before other celebrities, his interest and work for the environment started early in the 1970s. He has fought several battles on behalf of the situation and without his work. There would be no Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in Utah, a 1.7-million-acre (7,571 sq km) expanse of land.
- With his growing fortune as a businessman, he had donated money and made documentaries. However, most of all, he inspired others through his involvement and the reason other film stars walk the green path today are thanks to him.
- Redford CenterThe Redford Center is committed to transforming social and environmental issues into films that inspire positive change. The centre engaged and through projects pressing the need for awareness and hope, and where public engagement and the right timing can make all the difference creating an opportunity to learn and to listen.
- He believes that environmental activism can make a huge difference when people get involved. The short film project Art of Activism series examines the moments in people’s lives in which they are moved to act in extraordinary ways. These short films celebrate the efforts of inspiring local leaders, pay tribute to the artistry of their unique style of activism, and help raise awareness for a range of important causes.
- Redford achieved prizes as an actor, producer, director and for his involvement in the environment. In 2007, Time magazine named Redford “Hero of the Environment.”
- In 2009, Redford awarded the Duke LEAF award for his contribution to environmental issues through fine arts.
- Redford has played and directed movies like The Sting, The Way We Were, The Great Gatsby, All the President’s Men, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Horse whispered, An Unfinished Life and Brubaker.
- Links and Useful InformationRedford centre
- Robert Redford Charity look to the stars
- Wikipedia Robert Redford
- Time magazine and Redford engagement for the environment
- Biography Robert Redford
Environmental Quotes Series
- Environmental Quotes Albert Einstein
- Environmental Quotes Al Gore
- Environmental Quotes Arne Næss
- Environmental Quotes Ayn Rand
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha One
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha Two
- Environmental Quotes David Suzuki
- Environmental Quotes Gandhi
- Environmental Quotes E. F. Schumacher
- Environmental Quotes John F. Kennedy
- Environmental Quotes Lao Tzu
- Environmental Quotes Leonardo DiCaprio
- Environmental Quotes Malcolm X
- Environmental Quotes Marshall McLuhan
- Environmental Quotes Mother Teresa
- Environmental Quotes Nelson Mandela
- Environmental Quotes Rachel Carson
- Environmental Quotes Robert Redford
- Environmental Quotes Sitting Bull
- Environmental Quotes Vivienne Westwood