Kurt Cobain Denim Icon and Fashion Lookbooks
Biography Kurt Cobain
- Who: Kurt Donald Cobain
- Born: February 20, 1967
- Where: Aberdeen, Washington, U.S.
- Died: April 5, 1994
- Where: Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Biggest achievements
- Kurt Cobain American musician, Grunge rock icon in the band Nirvana.
- Kurt was the lead singer and songwriter in the band Nirvana founded in 1985. Nirvana debuted with the vinyl long player (LP) Bleach 1989, released on the iconic indie record label SubPop.
- Nirvana was one of the leading bands of the Seattle music underground scene, and together with bands such as Mudhoney, Swallow, and TAD
- Nirvana signed 1991 a large contract with the major label DGC record company.
- Nirvana followed up the less commercial, however great debut record Bleach with the released of the successful vinyl long playerNevermind
- Nevermind captured a catchy pop-tune with the raw Grunge sound. The first single “Smells Like Teen Spirit” from the album became a gigantic hit across every music genre and style.
- Nevermind is one of the bestselling rock albums of all times and sold more than 50 million copies worldwide.
- Kurt Cobain became the icon of what is called GenerationX and spokesman of Grunge.
- Kurt Cobain did not handle the success at ease, he felt trapped in an uncomfortable situation, intense media stress, concerts and becoming an icon of his generation made him depressed and his drug use escalated: Kurt Cobain self-medicated his clinical depression with heroin, alcohol and other pain-killers.
- Kurt Cobain committed suicide on April 5th, 1994 with a gunshot to his head, he was only 27 years old
- Why is he a denim icon?
- His style, music, and icon for a whole generation were real; Kurt did not follow any trends and did not even like to be called fashionable.
- Kurt Cobain’s natural coolness came from street style culture, the basic outfit worn out denim jeans, a band tee and a pair of Converse.
Kurt Cobin Fashion Lookbooks
Kurt Cobin Punk T-shirt Style
Kurt Cobin American Street Style Fashion Lookbooks
Kurt Cobin Thrift Style Fashion Lookbooks Boys
Kurt Cobin Fashion Lookbooks Girls
Posts Published in The Series History of Denim Icons (Click and Open)
- Bruce Springsteen Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icon
- James Dean Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icon
- Kurt Cobain Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icon
- Marilyn Monroe Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icon
- Marlon Brando The Greatest Denim Jeans Icon
- Steve McQueen Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icon
- The Ramones Fashion Lookbooks And Denim Icons
The Following Fine Posts Published in The Series The 1970s Youth Culture and Fashion Lookbooks (Click and Open)
- 1970s hippie’s movement and fashion lookbooks 1970s
- 1970’s biker culture fashion lookbooks and youth culture
- California dirtbags youth culture and fashion lookbooks 1970s
- California skateboarding revolution and fashion lookbooks
- 1970s punk youth culture and fashion lookbooks
- 1970s fashion lookbooks the only band that ever mattered, the Clash1970s mods youth culture and fashion lookbooks
- 1970s disco culture and fashion lookbooks
Check out the new Eco Fashion Dictionary with 1200 terms all illustrated
Recommended Reading Kurt Cobin and Nirvana