“I think it is a good thing to buy less and choose well – it’s good for the environment and to be fair it’s also good for me because my clothes are quite expensive” Vivienne Westwood
Environmental Quotes Vivienne Westwood
Biography Vivienne Westwood
- CATEGORY: Environmental quotes
- WHO: Vivienne Westwood (Vivienne Isabel Swire)
- BORN: on 8 April 1941
- WHERE: Tintwistle, Derbyshire, UK
- NATIONALITY: English
- GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT
- Vivienne Westwood was one of the most important people who started the punk culture in the early 1970s.
- She worked together with her lover Malcolm McLaren the manager for the hugely controversial punk band The Sex Pistol; a band they styled and designed.
- Malcolm and Vivienne’s store Let It Rock opened in 1971, in 1974 the name changed to Sex. They designed and sold their own clothes in the shop in the 1970s it was regarded as the most important fashion store in the world.
- Vivienne Westwood is regarded as the most influential punk fashion designer that created punk DNA in the mid-70s. She and Malcolm McLaren revolutionized fashion, its place in society and still, their impact is vast.
- Westwood is widely known as a political activist. In 2008, she campaigned in person at the biggest for Nuclear Disarmament demonstration in the decade. She is also fought against what is called drug of consumerism and support in actions to reduce the climate change.
- In 1992, Westwood awarded an OBE, which she collected from Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, and she is two times awarded British designer of the year.
- Links and Useful Information
Recommended Post in The Series Envionmental Quotes (Click and Open)
- Environmental Quotes Albert Einstein
- Environmental Quotes Al Gore
- Environmental Quotes Arne Næss
- Environmental Quotes Ayn Rand
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha Two
- Environmental Quotes David Suzuki
- Environmental Quotes Gandhi
- Environmental Quotes E. F. Schumacher
- Environmental Quotes John F. Kennedy
- Environmental Quotes Lao Tzu
- Environmental Quotes Leonardo DiCaprio
- Environmental Quotes Malcolm X
- Environmental Quotes Marshall McLuhan
- Environmental Quotes Mother Teresa
- Environmental Quotes Nelson Mandela
- Environmental Quotes Rachel Carson
- Environmental Quotes Robert Redford
- Environmental Quotes Sitting Bull
- Environmental Quotes Vivienne Westwood
Check out the new Eco Fashion Dictionary with 1200 terms all illustrated