“For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the moment of conception until death” Rachel Carson
Environmental Quotes Rachel Carson
Biography Rachel Carson
- WHO: Rachel Louise Carson
- BIRTH: May 27, 1907
- WHERE; Springdale, Pennsylvania, U.S
- DIED: April 14, 1964
- WHERE: Silver Spring, Maryland, US
- NATIONALITY: American
- Greatest Achievements
- Rachel Carson was an environmentalist, marine biologist, and writer; her books became very important for the environmental movement and are today classics.
- The Sea Around Us, The Edge of the Sea and Silent Spring is her remarkable books; in particular, Silent Spring became a book of importance. The book was heavily argued.
- She believed that the heavy use of new synthetic pesticides was the main source of environmental problems in the late 1950s.
- Honored after her death by President Jimmy Carter with the highly acclaimed Medal of Freedom.
- Links Sources of Information
Environmental Quotes Series