My story as an eyewitness to the terror in Oslo
I was one of the eyewitnesses to the bomb explosion in the city center of Oslo city center of the day of horror. To regain my inner peace I decided to do Walking Meditation in the The day of horror came to Oslo, when a big bomb exploded in the middle of city people was in shock. Some hours later on the island Utøya young innocent politically interested people shot dead. Without any possibilities to escape. Nearly 100 people was killed that day. I witness the bomb total damage in the city center as I arrived just 2 minutes after the bang. My subway station is only 200 meters from where the bomb exploded In the evening I was to restless to sit inside so I decided to do walking meditation, calm my mind and try to gain a momentum of inner peace. Just a few blocks from my home is the famous Vigelands Sculpture Park. I took my camera with me too regain inner peace.
Hate conquered by love
Love and kindness
– Norway did a marvelous good thing this sad day
– They decided to defeat hate with love
– And by doing so the act the opposite of what the terrorist hope for
– To make people frightened
My journey to regain inner peace
– Responsibilities do not lie with the leaders. It lies with each of us.
– And peace starts within us
– when we have inner peace
– We can be at peace with those around us
– We can share that peace with neighboring communities
– When we do so we will feel love and kindness toward others
– What is important to take responsibilities for all living beings and the nature around us
Peace can only last where human rights respected
– Where nations are fed
– And where people and nations are free
– Inner peace can only be achieved trough development of mental pace
– Material progress is important for human advancement
But if we forget spiritual development
– Then we get clenched to things and our mental heath suffer.
– We must seek for balance in life
– Buddha found out the hard way in life to overcome sufferings
– This balance Buddha refer to as the middle way
When we have peace
– When we have inner peace all external problems does not affect you
– Without inner peace whatever how wealthy you or successful you might be
– ou may still be worried or unhappy
– Dalai Lama speech on inner peace from 1998 still inspires me to write
There are some simple guidelines on what we should not do
– Not to destroy life
– Not to steal
– Not to commit adultery
– Not to drink intoxicating drinks
Anger is not the answer
– In the park there is a famous angry boy Sinnataggen with great Buddha nature
– he says; you will never be punished for your anger.
– You will be punished by your anger
– Remember you, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe
– Deserve your love and affliction.
– And as I am walking out of the park I remember; we are what we think.
– All that arises with our thoughts, they actually mold and make the world
– I know a lot of people who do not share their happiness and that is sad.
– Happiness is what we seek for
– Thousands of candles can be lit from one single and the light of the candle will not be shortened.
– Happiness never decreases by being shared. The Buddha
– These words dedicated to my dear brother who left us all earlier this year.
– And to all those families and friends who lost one of their most beloved
– You have my deepest respect – in the difficulties of all time
My calmness returns
– Finally as I enter the my neighborhood my calmness return
– My inner peace feel the emptiness at this time in time in time, no past, no tomorrow
– I was just here at this presence time
– I felt satisfied and greater because I decided to follow some advice by others to do a simple form for meditation by walking
– You can see there is almost nobody out that night.
– The emptiness gave me greatness to become silent inside
– Everyone should now and then just turn off all your digital device and leave home
– for a second or a year, the length does not matter
– Only that you have started developing the inner peace by being with yourself.
– This is my story from the emptiest park and town in the world at night
– So always try to look for a positive side in everything negative
Thanks to Buddha for his wise words and to Dalai Lama for carrying the deepest wisdom. The images and words written just hours after the killings and bomb terror in Oslo happened. nearly 100 young innocent people was shoot dead without any possibilities to escape