To all bloggers who have visited me over the last week
Thanks to all you bloggers and people out there who make the sunshine a little brighter. I want to thank all of you that have visited my blog and given me so many positive words and reactions in writing and style. Thanks to the readers instead of each and one of you. Due to heavy traffic, my server host was down because of traffic, and they needed to move me on a larger scale database a few days until it is coming back to regular blog traffic. All you bloggers that visit my blog caused the database to break down
Heavy traffic to my blog caused host server breakdown I will, of course, try to look at the comments for each and all of you including those spammers who past my body-guard Akismet. To those of you, Spammers get a life and hit someone else’s in your age. Let bloggers who are unexperienced have fun and maybe if they are good at what they are doing and find a blog niche can earn or learn something special from it. Thanks to Akismet, my guardian spam angle
I can say nothing about everything
My juxtapose of education and skills make it difficult to fit into an exceptional job. First, I managed to get a bachelor degree in marketing economics with simultaneously running a bustling pub as the manager. After two years of study fashion design and six years studied Indian –religions and philosophies. Besides worked as a trend specialist setting up monitoring systems for Levi Strauss Co when we managed to turn the company back on the top list after a troubled five years between 1995 -2000. In other words, I am not a specialist but a thinker across social mindset, cultures and interrelated business, therefore, I can tell about the future without having a crystal bowl I know nothing about everything, not everything about nothing. I label it; I can say nothing about everything, as specialists can everything about nothing. In January, as I started working on my fashion label buddha jeans, my idea of learning WordPress blogging was to see if it is possible to start. All I had been a plan, my skills and concepts. I got about 10 US and a broken HP laptop where the screen was black, and I needed to use a TV as a computer screen
What is WordPress? In addition to that, I never heard about any blogging platforms before, I had a Facebook and Twitter account but did not understand why people used twitter. Ok, I am a designer, but not on computers. I barely understand the Windows office package, got yahoo mail and a Gmail account. English is not my mother tongue. Bad odds for successful blogging Bad odds for making a blog, but what I did have was time, patient and the WordPress community. A lot of positive energy and passion for learning, failing and learning. I have one friend who has a master in social media who lend me a few tricks and I had worked on a trend fashion magazine but not as a pro-writer.
The top ten list blogging, made by a newbie for a newbie
- Start blogging because you want and like it.
- Be patient.
- Write about what you find comfortable and fun to tell about. If you have a particular skill, let others know, because you are the expert!
- Content is king. Be provocative. After all, it’s your blog and your opinion. It makes the blog-sphere exiting. It also trigs discussions
- Think about your digital reputation. Do not put online anything that might harm you in the future. You cannot remove it when shared. There might be somebody else who does not have the same intentions. IF angry wait, count to hundred before publishing!
- Do not be afraid to ask for help from other bloggers or communities.
- Find blogs you like and can learn and most of all inspire your ideas
- Try a few blog platforms and find out what you like the best
- Think about why you are blogging? Is there anything you would like to read about? Or something that triggers.
- Do not get tempted to take shortcuts or use expensive tools that promise everything but deliver nothing
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog if you like what you read, please subscribe to e-mail or feeds.