Arne Næss Deep Ecology Movement
- The Originals Environmentalist series continues with the Norwegian philosopher, boxer, climber and activist non-violence and passive resistance.
- Read Arne Næss the greatest modern environmentalist. The quotes will be related to our environment and the contemporary way of living.
- We believe that the world is in great need of a radical change in the way we consume.
- 20% (less than ) of the energy used today comes from renewable sources of energy, and it is a concern
- 16% of global last energy consumption comes from renewable, with 10% coming from traditional biomass, mainly used for heating
- 3.4% from hydroelectricity.
- 2,8% New renewable (small hydro, modern biomass, wind, solar, geothermal, and biofuels) accounted for proliferating
- 19% The share of renewable in general electricity electricity
- 3% from new renewable.
- 30% Wind power is growing a year
Blowing in The Wind
Wind power is growing at the rate of 30% annually, with a worldwide installed capacity of 198 gig watts (GW) in 2010, widely used in Europe, Asia, and the United States. At the end of 2010, cumulative global photovoltaic (PV) installations surpassed 40 GW, PW power stations are popular in Germany and Spain.
Solar thermal power stations use in the USA and Spain, and the most massive 354 megawatts (MW) SEGS power plant in the Mojave Desert.
A Paradigm Shift What Kind Fuel the Consumer wants to use
- The world’s largest geothermal power installation is The Geysers in California, with a rated capacity of 750 MW.
- Brazil has one of the most extensive renewable energy programs in the world, involving the production of ethanol fuel from sugar cane, and ethanol now provides 18% of the country’s automotive fuel.
- Ethanol fuel is also widely available in the USA.
- Renewable energy replenished constantly
- Renewable energy derived from natural processes that replaced regularly. In its various forms, it derives directly from the sun, or heat generated deep within the earth.
- Included in the definition is electricity and heat generated from solar, wind, ocean, hydropower, biomass, geothermal resources, and biofuels and hydrogen derived from renewable resources.
- Renewable energy replaces conventional fuels in four distinct areas: power generation, hot water/ space heating, transport fuels, and rural (off-grid) energy services
Learn to See Solutions not Problem
You can easily surf to another page if you’re stressed. Today we are in constant stress as media and visual expressions are giving us far more worries than happiness. We think we are wealthy, but wealth comes from harmony, not power and. We believe we can buy feelings but we instead they hire us. We have an escape button. But do we use it? We can stop it, start by doing just a few things to make it better
We must learn how to cherish how we cut and be happy when we find a new way to old things better. It can just be a simple act, reduce washing your jeans too often. If you wash them less they look better and last longer. That makes you buy three pairs of jeans instead of four. Make sure you buy quality jeans and look for a brand who truly works with fashion design in a sustainable way. Quote of the week presented every weekend
Inner Peace for the essential state
Global citizens have civic responsibilities. Today, a faithful global family. What happens in one part of the world may. Stop and rethink = inner peace. Destruction of nature and protection of the environment is still in a great conflict. We tell one story but do the opposite. People all over the world seem to wake up. Inner peace is the only way we enable to solve global problems. Because without having inner peace we cannot perform freedom or happiness
“The more diversity the better” Arne Næss
Sources and Useful Information
- Wikipedia energy Foundation For Deep Ecology:
- Mission Statement Buddhism The Eightfold Path
- Research FTMR (future feed the money research)