“The more diversity the better” Arne Næss
Arne Nass Deep Ecology Movement
- Tomorrow our series on Originals Environmentalist continue with the Norwegian philosopher, boxer, climber and activist non-violence and passive resistance.
- Read Arne Næss the greatest modern environmentalist . The quotes will be related to our environment and the modern way of living.
- We believe that the world is in great need of a radical change in the way we consume.
- 20% (less than ) of the energy used today comes from renewable sources of energy and WE are concerned.
- 16% of global last energy consumption comes from renewable, with 10% coming from traditional biomass, which is mainly used for heating, and
- 3.4% from hydroelectricity.
- 2,8% New renewable (small hydro, modern biomass, wind, solar, geothermal, and bio fuels) accounted for and are growing very rapidly.
- 19% The share of renewable in electricity generation
- 16% of global electricity coming from hydroelectricity
- 3% from new renewable.
- 30% Wind power is growing a year
Blowing in The Wind
Wind power is growing at the rate of 30% annually, with a worldwide installed capacity of 198 gig watts (GW) in 2010, and is widely used in Europe, Asia, and the United States. At the end of 2010, cumulative global photovoltaic (PV) installations surpassed 40 GW and PV power stations are popular in Germany and Spain. Solar thermal power stations use in the USA and Spain, and the largest of these is the 354 megawatt (MW) SEGS power plant in the Mojave Desert.
There is Clearly A Paradigm Shift About What Kind Fuel The Consumer wants to use
- The world’s largest geothermal power installation is the Geysers in California, with a rated capacity of 750 MW.
- Brazil has one of the largest renewable energy programs in the world, involving production of ethanol fuel from sugar cane, and ethanol now provides 18% of the country’s automotive fuel.
- Ethanol fuel is also widely available in the USA.
- Renewable energy are also replenished constantly
- Renewable energy is derived from natural processes that replenished constantly. In its various forms, it derives directly from the sun, or from heat generated deep within the earth.
- Included in the definition is electricity and heat generated from solar, wind, ocean, hydro power, biomass, geothermal resources, and bio fuels and hydrogen derived from renewable resources.
- Renewable energy replaces conventional fuels in four distinct areas: power generation, hot water/ space heating, transport fuels, and rural (off-grid) energy services:
Learn to See Solutions not Problems Turn Negative into Positive
You can easily surf to another page if you’re stressed. Today we are in a constant stress as media and visual expressions are giving us far more worries than happiness. We think we are wealthy, but wealth comes from harmony, not power and. We believe we can buy feelings but we instead they buy us. We have an escape button. But do we use it? We can stop it, start by doing just a few things to make it better
Cherish Bio Diversity
We must learn how to cherish how we cut, and be happy when we find a new way to old things better. It can just be a simple act, reduce washing your jeans too often. If you wash them less they look better and last longer. That makes you buy three pairs of jeans instead of four. Make sure you buy quality jeans and look for brand who truly works with fashion design in a sustainable way. Quote of the week will presented every weekend
Inner Peace Establshed by Meditation
Global citizens have local responsibilities. Today, we are truly a global family. What happens in one part of the world may. Stop and rethink = inner peace. Destruction of nature and protection of nature is still in a great conflict. We tell one story but in fact do the opposite. People all over the world seem to wake up. Inner peace is the only way we enable to solve global problems. Because without having inner peace we cannot perform freedom or happiness
Sources and Useful Information (Click and Open)
- Wikipedia energy Foundation For Deep Ecology:
- Mission Statement Buddhism The Eightfold Path
- Research FTMR (future feed the money research)
Check out the new Dictionary with More than 1000 illustrated terms on Eco Fashion Design