Environmental quotes Lao Tzu
“In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weaker than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can surpass it” Lao Tzu
Daily quotes are a new relevant post. The quotes related to our environment and the modern way of living. We believe that the world is in great need of a radical change in the way we consume. Positive words and quotes can remind us to cherish what we have instead of something that we do not. It might sound childish; we need to start creating high energy by using simple words. Not everything can be measured yet. Today we are in constant stress as media and visual expressions are giving us far more worries than happiness. We think we are wealthy, but wealth comes from harmony, not money or power. We believe we can buy feelings but we instead they hire us. We have an escape button. But do we use it? We can stop it, start by doing just a few things to make it better.
Did you know?
- Less than 1 per cent of the worlds freshwater (or about 0.007 per cent of all water on earth) is readily accessible for direct human use
- More than 80 per cent of sewage in developing countries discharged untreated, polluting rivers, lakes and coastal areas
- The UN estimates that by 2025, forty-eight nations, with a combined population of 2.8 billion, will face freshwater “stress” or “scarcity.”
- Agriculture is the largest consumer of freshwater by far: about 70 per cent of all freshwater withdrawals go to agriculture
- At home, the average American uses between 100 and 175 gallons of water a day. That is less than 25 years ago, but it does not include the amount of water used to feed and clothe us.
- Conserving water helps not only to keep irreplaceable natural resources but also to cut the strain on urban wastewater management systems. Wastewater is costly to treat and requires continuous investment to make sure that the water we return to our waterways is as clean as possible.
What about the denim business?
- World Jeans Market 51.6$ Billion in 2007
- Expected to become 56.2$ billion by 2014
Global citizens have local responsibilities
Learn how to make it fun while saving and happy when we find a new and better way to do old things. It can just be a simple act, reduce washing. If you wash them less, they look better and last longer. That makes you buy three pairs of jeans instead of four. Make sure you purchase quality jeans and look for a brand who truly sustainably works with fashion design. Quote of the week presented every weekend
Today, we are correct, a global family. What happens in one part of the world may affect us all. It is, of course, is not only true of the negative things that happen but is equally valid for the positive developments. Stop. The destruction of nature and protection of the environment is still in a great conflict. We tell one story but the opposite. People all over the world seem to wake up. Inner peace is the only way we can be able to solve global problems. Because without having inner peace, we cannot help others.
- Water Crises Facts Org
- denim and jeans World-denim-market report market-size forecasts
Environmental Quotes Series
- Environmental Quotes Albert Einstein
- Environmental Quotes Al Gore
- Environmental Quotes Arne Næss
- Environmental Quotes Ayn Rand
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha
- Environmental Quotes The Buddha Two
- Environmental Quotes Water The Buddha
- Environmental Quotes David Suzuki
- Environmental Quotes Gandhi
- Environmental Quotes E. F. Schumacher
- Environmental Quotes John F. Kennedy
- Environmental Quotes Lao Tzu
- Environmental Quotes Leonardo DiCapri
- Environmental Quotes Malcolm X
- Environmental Quotes Marshall McLuhan
- Environmental Quotes Mother Teresa
- Environmental Quotes Nelson Mandela
- Environmental Quotes Rachel Carson
- Environmental Quotes Robert Redford
- Environmental Quotes Sitting Bull
- Environmental Quotes Vivienne Westwood