Waste Management, classification of waste hierarchy divided into the following categories;
- Reduction; to buy less and buy smarter products, turn off the lights, and wash clothes on lower degrees is all a part of the idea reduction.
- Reuse – discarded item are used again. Initiatives include waste exchange, hand-me-downs, swapping clothes, repairing or transformation of a product also called up-cycle; convert a low-value product into a high value.
- Preparing for recycling (see pre-cycle)
- Recycling – discards separated into materials that may be incorporated into new products.
- Recovery – different materials will be used to create new products.
- Disposal – landfill
See also 3R´s and the extended model of waste Management (graphic model 8R´s model) in the Eco fashion Dictionary.
ECO-FASHION-DENIM AND DIAGRAMS DICTIONARIES OVERVIEW