Why is it a foundation today for growth of a sustainable consumer?
Latest posts how do the new Eco, and sustainable consumer look like? The post described status of a brand-new type of eco consumer evolved over the last years, more aware of environmental problems caused by fashion and willing to make a change. Research shows today that most people consider themselves as green consumers, and that they feel it is an obligation to recycle.
Ford’s trends 2013 describe a consumer who are fewer concerns with material wealth and a belonging to values less easy to measure as happiness; the research is building up and talks about the same issues as the research we did last year named the future is now, mega trends towards 2020. Read the post “The twenty-first century consumer.” Quotes; “The fresh way of asking questions, criticize analysis shopping madness, harm to the environment and so on are different from before. The protest and hippie culture at the end of the 60s and 70s were in many ways extremely introverted. The modern movements in state of the art society are regular people who want to make changes without much noise. They still dress in the identical way, do the alike jobs, keep the same hairstyle and take part in society as everyone else, extrovert. This group does not need to build a hippie community, have free sex and endless amount of drugs to stand up for their view to change the world. Now new movement of alert consumers is making changes and participates right now in our community, the 21 century hippies.”
To conduct research asking consumers is not always enough to describe why people are ready for a change or why a society became less clenched to materialism and more spiritual. Research asking how many times to have you…? How do you consider…? And have you recently purchased? These questions can give answers with man measurable values, however, depending on when, how and what kind of situation these questions asked might not give the right view of the situation.
Measuring whether a trend is just a fad, has become a long-lasting trend, turned into a mega trend or last have become a new way of living both these and other kind of research needed. Why is there a foundation for growth of a sustainable consumer and has it yet reaches the masses is an interesting question? The research made by wrap UK, valuing our clothes is informative tool and gives a lot of answers. When looking at the longer-lasting trends the research performed by Ford’s trends 2013 has valuable information about a green consumer lifestyle. In addition smaller and large brands as H&M, Levi’s, Puma and NIKE marketing and PR about sustainability in fashion have great influence on the consumer and the organizations that push them forward asGreenpeace and world watch Institute.
A fast reality check can give an idea of the future
We live in an access culture; in fact, there is far too much information that possibly can be analyses. The Internet and modern technology have created a consumer who in many cases knew more than the producer of a product, and in many ways has become a prosumer. If we perform a fast reality check in society, these are issues surrounding us
- Information overload
- Shopping overloaded
- Lacks of spirituality, people are seeking for a new truth and reality.
- Rapidly growing mega cities
- Global warming
- A finance crisis
- Power of the black gold
- Lack of non renewable sources of energy
- A lack of cultural understanding (the world is getting smaller, yet different)
- Rise in life expectancy
- Terrorism, Smaller ethnic conflicts in the world
- New technologies Nano and bio tech
- Digital communication and social media, we are constant media liberating everything.
A fast reality check gives us a few leads towards prediction of a new aware sustainable consumer. Now we have research facts about here and now. In addition, we have a grip on the happenings of importance around us. We can use scenario thinking imagine the different outcome of what we already know, in this case we have brilliant research done by fashioning the future 2025 and NICE (the NICE consumer) new consumer who makes scenarios of different consumer types in a retail landscape with brand new or existing fabrics. However, the most important research about changes in the society, our values and wealth, etc. are what organizations as for example UN, world economic forum performed yearly, and they are in most cases free (The Global Competitiveness Report 2012–2013 Insight Report and Human Development Report 2013, Human Progress in a Diverse World UN).
Can history tell us something about the rise of a new sustainable consumer?
We enjoy describing every decade from a fashion viewpoint (so 80s), what kind of clothes, youth cultural movement, film and music; most magazines do this from time to time. When we try to compare our decade with the last decades which decade has the most in common? Without using a research scientific approved method the decade I believe 1970s is most equal ours. When describing the decades between 1970 and 2020 a few similarities occur; collective, spiritual seeking, organic, alternative and open to changes are words and values we find in both decades.
What does earlier trend research tell us about it?
- Oneism, achieve happiness in life built on balance. A demand for product quality, comfort, details and perform one thing
- D.I.Y «the consumer insists on playing a larger role, creatively and wants to become more and more a producer at all levels.
- The new body culture, future fashion fabrics, the body as a temple, body art and fashion. Healthy lifestyle, growth of yoga, meditation
- Positive Anarchy, anti-consumerism, a reaction on big brands, and exploitation of Earths global resources
- Sustainable design, New ways of making fashion garments in the future with less negative impact on the environment
The rises of a “new” sustainable consumer
Whenever it is 2013 sustainable fashion with have its major breakthrough among the large part of the consumer culture is not easy to say, however, most certain it will happen fast. Sustainable fashion design is not a fad, a long-lasting trend nor a mega trend; it has become a new way of living. What is significant is to remember taking care of the environment and cleaning up is at this moment the symptom of planet’s health what really important is our ability to perform compassion with other living beings, that they have the same right to live, enjoy happiness and feel the healing effect of nature as us, just then I believe can we do the right thing.
- Workshop on Sustainable Development and International Cooperation, 1996 Spiritual dimensions of sustainable development by Arthur L. Dahl Geneva, Switzerland Presented on behalf of the Bahá’i International Community
- Ford trends 2013 WRAP UK, valuing our clothes Fashioning the future 2025 The NICE consumer The future of sustainability, IUCN the world’s conservation union
- The human development, UN report 2013 Sustainable fashion, new approaches within the fashion industries, Cultura Lust for sustainable fashion
- Levi Strauss Europe, Middle East &Africa, presentation mega trends 2000
- Well dressed, the present and future sustainability of clothing and textiles in the United Kingdom The future is now, mega trend research towards 2020. Fashion Theory, Volume 16, Fast Fashion, Sustainability, and the Ethical Appeal of Luxury Brands Young people in a globalize world Waste Couture, Environmental Impact of the Clothing Industry Rethinking environmental and sustainable development in the twenty-first century, post sustainable fashion design by buddha jeans 2013
- Post “How do the new eco and sustainable consumer look like”.
- Post “Sustainability start with basic values”. Eco consciousness’s and sustainable design is to develop compassion buddha Jeans 2013
- Eco lifestyle is the art of living and Zen Buddhism at its best, buddha Jeans 2013
- Post “Manifesto of green”
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY BLOG
I run this blog on my spare time, besides my regular work. It takes a lot of time, no money and does not give much of an income to cover expenses as servers, reliable plugins, etc., However, you can help me. If you are about to purchase any green, sustainable, fashion design books or videos click links to the Eco lifestyle store. I get a small contribution from traffic and sales.
The prices, service and delivery terms are guaranteed by amazon.com. Your actions can make me spend more time, get better server bandwidth and be able to serve my bloggers with quality and self-produced content in the future. I believe original and creative work is finest; this takes time and effort. In advance, thanks for your support and hopefully you will pay another visit to the blog soon. Please take time to make a comment if you like; negative as well as positive feedbacks are appreciated. My mother tongue is not English so bear in mind that the written language might not always meet your high standard. Nobody is perfect. Wish you happy Karma Yoga Kenneth Buddha Jeans.
CHECK OUT THE NEW DICTIONARIES WITH MORE THAN 1000 ILLUSTRATED TERMS ON ECO FASHION DESIGN
ECO-FASHION-DENIM AND DIAGRAMS DICTIONARIES OVERVIEW