“IN THE WORLD THERE IS NOTHING MORE SUBMISSIVE AND WEAK THAN WATER. YET FOR ATTACKING THAT WHICH IS HARD AND STRONG NOTHING CAN SURPASS IT” LAO TZU
Daily quotes are a new an important post. The quotes related to our environment and the modern way of living. We believe that the world is in great need of a radical change in the way we consume.
Positive words and quotes can remind us to cherish what we have instead of something that we do not. It might sound childish but in fact we need to start creating great energy by use simple words. Not everything can be measured yet. Today we are in a constant stress as media and visual expressions are giving us far more worries than happiness. We think we are wealthy, but wealth comes from harmony, not money or power. We believe we can buy feelings but we instead they buy us. We have an escape button. But do we use it? We can stop it, start by doing just a few things to make it better.
Did you know?
- Less than 1% of the world’m, fresh water (or about 0.007% of all water on earth) is readily accessible for direct human use
- More than 80% of sewage in developing countries are discharged untreated, polluting rivers, lakes and coastal areas
- The UN estimates that by 2025, forty-eight nations, with combined population of 2.8 billion, will face freshwater “stress” or “scarcity”
- Agriculture is the largest consumer of freshwater by far: about 70% of all freshwater withdrawals go to agriculture
- At home the average American uses between 100 and 175 gallons of water a day. That is less than 25 years ago, but it does not include the amount of water used to feed and clothe us.
- Conserving water helps not only to keep irreplaceable natural resources, but also to cut the strain on urban wastewater management systems. Wastewater is costly to treat, and requires continuous investment to make sure that the water we return to our waterways is as clean as possible.
What about the denim business?
- World Jeans Market 51.6$ Billion in 2007
- Expected to become 56.2$ billion by 2014
We must learn how to make it fun while saving and happy when we find a new and better way to do old things. It can just be a simple act, reduce washing If you wash them less they look better and last longer. That makes you buy three pairs of jeans instead of four. Make sure you buy quality jeans and look for brand who truly works with fashion design in a sustainable way. Quote of the week presented every weekend
Global citizens have local responsibilities
Today, we are truly a global family. What happens in one part of the world may affect us all. This, of course, is not only true of the negative things that happen, but is equally valid for the positive developments. Stop. The destruction of nature and protection of nature are still in a great conflict. We tell one story but in fact do the opposite. People all over the world seem to wake up. Inner peace is the only way we can be able to solve global problems. Because without having inner peace we cannot help others.